08 November, 2011

07 November 2011 Trident CrossFit

I decided to check out a local box since I had the day off from work.  I have been to Trident two times.  Once for my cert and the other for B4B.  This would be the first time I get to WOD with their class.  A former athlete of CFI goes to Trident now and he was able to meet up with me!  It was very nice to see him.  It was a very good WOD!  Kind of a 3-1 deal.  I was able to use the GHD for the sit-ups.

AMRAP in 6 minutes of:
5 Deadlift (70% 1RM): 225#
200m run
Total: 5

1 minute rest then

AMRAP in 6 minutes of:
5 Handstand push-ups
5 (ea. leg) Bulgarian Split Squats w/ 25# dumbbell
Total: 5

1 minute rest then

AMRAP in 6 minutes of:
5 Wall ball 20#
10 Sit-ups (GHD)
Total: 5+1 wb

I had never done BSS before.  I could definitely feel the love on those!  Now if this doesn't get you a sweat angel then I don't know what will.  I had a lot of fun with Coach Chad's class.  I also ran into Andrea (one of the owners), and was able to talk to her and Chad about nutrition and CF in general.  So much knowledge!

I think since I have all Monday's off the rest of the year, I am going to try to visit a box every week.  No I am not looking for a new box.  I love CrossFit Impavidus!  I just want to network, meet new people, and WOD!

A few hours later, I headed over to CFI to face Annie.  Now the last time Annie dropped by, I missed her.  I hadn't planned on doing a second WOD but there was no way I was missing Annie.  Besides, I know I have the capacity to do two WODs.  I just really had to make sure to stretch and mobilize otherwise I probably would have been in pain.

Annie
50-40-30-20-10 rep rounds of
Double Unders
sit-ups
Time: 6:13

My goal was 6 flat and it still is my goal.  I lost time getting tangled up in the rope and missing a few jumps.  Now 13 seconds worth though.  I think is was like 5-8 seconds.  That means I still need to go faster on the sit-ups.  For the sit-ups I didn't do butterfly.  I put my feet under dumbbells with my legs bent at the knees.  Not complaining on the time but I want to get faster.  Who doesn't!?

No comments:

Post a Comment