08 November, 2011

05 November 2011: Primal Mud Run

Today was the first Primal Mud Run.  This event was hosted by the same group who created The Metro Dash.  Having done the Spartan Race and The Metro Dash, I had an idea what I was getting myself into.  Well I can tell you the biggest thing that made it a challenge was the 4.4° that is was not to mention the wind.  I would say this was more of a run than it was an obstacle course more so because the obstacles were really spread out and that there was a lot of running!  They said it was a 5k but I'm pretty sure it was longer.  That's ok though I still had a blast.  Started off with a 10'' wall climb then flipping a tire 8 times.  After that you climbed the 20-25'' cargo net up and over then ran in this tunnel they made.  Next thing was carrying a sandbag around a circle.  Well the circle took you to the first water obstacle.  You just had to walk through waist deep water.  Did I mention it was cold outside?  Yeah the water was freezing.  Unfortunately for me, I slipped on one of the rocks and went all the way in the water slamming my knee on said rock.  Yeah it hurt a lot.  Couldn't stop though!  I believe after that we went running for a bit to get to the next water obstacle which was a nice big pond.  They had 6 barrels floating and you had to go under them.  As you kept going, the water got deeper.  To the point that I couldn't stand up in it.  I don't think I have ever felt anything so cold in my life for so long.  We all managed to push through though.  After that, more running (mind you this is on a farm and there are a lot of big hills), hopping over hay bales, monkey bars, wall climbs, up and over, a mini mud pit.  The best obstacle was the slip and slide.  That was AWESOME.  Who doesn't love a huge slip and slide.  The scenery was really nice too.  Well it is nice if you like the country like scenery which I do.  The pictures can be found:


Waterslide 11-12P Pics 481-516


Barrels 10-11A Pics 109-119


Mud 12-1P Pics 49-74

No comments:

Post a Comment