29 November, 2011

28 November 2011: CrossFit Annandale

In continuing with my efforts to visit a new CrossFit box each Monday for the rest of the year, I had the opportunity to come play at CrossFit Annandale's box.  The owner, Coach Jeremy was there to lead the class and Head Coach Courtney was part of the class!  I always like it when coaches are in the class.  I met both of them at the Nearly Naked Mile run.  I just love how the community of CrossFit is.  Everyone I have met has been nice and are very willing to have others come to their box.

We started out with a strength skill with Thrusters.

Rack Thruster 5,3,1,1,1
115, 135, 165, 195, 205 (F)

If I had not had that slight hesitation with I was trying to get the 205#, I would have had it.  I did have it over my head but was not able to lock out.  I'm determined to get it now.

I bet you can guess what was in the WOD.  Thrusters!

10 min. AMRAP of

200m run
5 Thrusters (60%) 1RM  I did 120#
3 wall climbs
Total: 4 +5 Thrusters

I had a whole lot of fun as always.  And yes I got a shirt.  Like that should even be a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment