08 April, 2011

Squat clean/Jerk

Today since I was going to work a little later, I decided to go to the 0600 class.  This is only the second time I have ever gone to CFI in the morning.  While I could make the 0500 classes sometimes, I shy away from them.  I have a mental block if you will.  I think that because it is the morning, I will not be able to lift as well as I would in the evening because I have no food in me, it's first thing in the morning, stuff like that.  As you can see from the workout, this was not the case.  I have to admit it is nice to get a great workout in first thing in the morning.  Today the WOD was the week 3 workout from the CrossFit Games.  More cleans!  This time it was a full clean not a hang power clean which is different!


5 minute AMRAP of:
Squat clean (135lb / 61kg)
Jerk (135lb / 61kg)
(Rx'd was 165lb/75kg)
Total: 18

I was thinking about trying Rx'd and I asked the coach what he suggested.  He said that unless I have the form down, it would be better to keep the weight lower to make sure that my form is on point (arms locked, full squat, shrug, etc...).  Based on the amount of reps I had, I think I should have increased the weight by about 10.  Good to know for next time.  The coach did see my form and he said I was doing it correctly which is great!  Tomorrow is my 2nd 5k of the season, the Brambleton 5k with Team Crossfit Impavidus!  If you are not doing anything tomorrow morning, come on out and support the cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment