10 April, 2011

Brambleton 5k race

Yesterday was absolutely a great day for a run!  I would say the temperature was on par with the race a couple of weeks ago so I had to break out the cold gear again.  The way I could tell I needed to do that was when I went to walk my dog I noticed that I could see my breath lol.

I arrived around 0630.  CrossFit Impavidus had a table (as they were one of the sponsors) so I wanted to get over there before the race.  There were three of us running, Stephanie, James, and myself.  This race started very differently than any other race I have been in.  For one, they started both the 10k and the 5k at the exact same time.  How strange is that?  Usually the 10k runners start first then the 5k runners go 15 minutes later.  That is how they initially set it up but for some reason they changed it.  That was a downside because that meant there were a lot more people starting out.  Which brings me to my next point.  I literally walked over the starting line (where the chrono tag starts timing you).  People were going so slow!  It didn't make any sense to me.  The first 3 minutes of the race were all about trying to break from the pack so you could get in your stride.  Of course this does have an impact on your time.

Time: 24:51
Pace: 8:00
Place: 50
Div/Tot: 5/21

Overall it was but I would love to see what it would have been minus the first 3 minutes.  Either way, it was a fun race for a great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment