03 April, 2011

Is it really a rest day?

So today is my rest day from the box.  Having time for your body to recover is very important.  Now while I did not hit the box today, that does not mean that I sat around plastered in front of my computer the entire day.  I only did that for half the day.  The rest of my time consisted of cleaning the house and also stretching.  Some people don't remember that you can burn calories when you clean.  Depending on how much you have to clean, you can actually burn quite a few!  Why stretch when I am not working out?  Well for one I am far from flexible and is one of many things that I need to work on.  Stretching is one of those thing that you do not have to be at the gym to do (for most stretches).  As you are watching your movies on Netflix, Hulu, or whatever means you watch, stretch while you watch.  Grab that pvc pipe and throw it overhead (arms locked, hide that neck!) and squat!  Do it several times.  Find a wall and work on your Couch stretch as noted by Stephanie.  Once you're done with that, get your bigger pvc pipe for some myofascial release exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment