05 April, 2011

Cleans cleans clean and burpees

Going into the workout today, I did not have a lot of confidence in myself.  It has only been 3 weeks since I got the brace off and I'm still trying to feel out where I'm at in terms of weights.  Today we had to do hang power cleans.  For Rx'd it was 135 lbs.  While we were warming up I decided to try it out just to see if I could do it.  So I deadlifted the bar and proceeded to clean the bar.  Yeah it wasn't happening.  That really discouraged me.  I tried a few more times and just could not get underneath it.  So I decided to try with 115.  Again, I deadlifted the bar and bam! got right underneath it with ease.  Coach Marc saw this and said that was too easy for me that I needed to to 135.  I was worried that I would not even finish the WOD but he was confident that I would be able to do this without a problem.  So I tried again to get the 135 and this time I got it.  3...2..1..go!  Off we all went.  You know what?  I finished the WOD Rx'd and I couldn't be happier.  I am very thankful that Coach Marc pushed me to do it.  I may have gone a little slower, but it was more important to get the WOD Rx'd.


3 rounds for time of:

15 Hang Power Cleans, 135/95 lbs
15 Burpees
Time 10:32

2 comments:

  1. Don't get blinded by the Rx Monster. Depending on the goal of the WOD and the proficiency of the athlete really determines whether the WOD is conducted as Rx'd or scaled. The idea behind this WOD was to have a time domain <15minutes. You obviously were able to stay within that time domain. If it took you >15minutes to complete, then we should've scaled the WOD. It all depends on the the goal of the WOD that really determines whether or not you should tackle at Rx. Great job nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard that before (Rx monster) I like it! I may have to quote you. I have to stay away from that monster for sure.

    I'm so glad I joined CFI. A perfect example is the WOD from yesterday. Had I been on my own, I would have scaled. Thanks to the Coach knowing I could do it(and the great support of everyone encouraging me), I knocked it out Rx'd. This is why I love CrossFit Impavidus.

    ReplyDelete