02 June, 2011

Tuesday

Last game of the season for hockey.  Then it is playoff time.  Before the game though, I decided to hit up Body Attack.  I haven't been to the class in a while so I wanted to drop in and say hello plus I wanted to give one of the CFI stickers to the instructor Kristin.  Gotta promote!  As always it was a very fun class.  While I was warming up, a woman was in the studio with me.  She grabbed a step and a bunch of risers.  Then she started doing box jumps.  I thought that was a bit odd since the only people I know that do box jumps, especially as high as she had it, are CrossFitters.  Then she started to wall ball shots!  After that she ran out of the room.  A few minutes later she was back.  It was totally CrossFit.  She had her headphones in when she was done so when I walked up to her I said "CrossFit?" as I was pointing to my CrossFit Impavidus shirt that I was wearing.  She said yes and I asked her what box she belonged to.  She said Rubicon.  That is the very first time that I have met anyone at Gold's that does CrossFit!

Wednesday

 Eesh.  I knew going into this WOD it was going to be rough.  I'm not exactly what you call great at hand stand push ups or L-Sits.  You know what though?  That is exactly the reason why I needed to go and do this WOD.  I must beat my weaknesses! 

12 AMRAP
2 HSPU
2x 5 second L-Sits on paraletts
Total: 13

For the HSPU, I had my back on the wall and was kipping up.  That does help but I would like to get more without the kip.

Thursday

I went to bed last nite knowing that I was going to get up and try the pt test again.  It has been a couple of weeks since the last time and wanted to see if I had improved any.  Yeah...not so much.

Push-ups 2 min. max  47
Sit-ups 2 min max 52
2 mile run 14:52

Overall I am disappointed.  Yes I know you will not have the best time or reps every single time but I was hoping at least for a few more push-ups.  The run I was surprised at the slow time.  The last time I did this was 14 flat.  This time it was different.  I had different music this time so I could keep a 180 bpm cadence.  I was really concentrating on my POSE running and perhaps this had to do with my time.  Or maybe my body is slacking I'm not sure.

Tonites WOD only involved one thing I suck at!  That would be the wonderful muscle-up.  I can do a pull-up. I can do a dip.  I can't get the transition.  Practice, practice, practice!


15 Min AMRAP

7 Muscle Ups
400 meter run. (Use bands to scale muscle ups)
Total: 4 + 50 m  (used box for MU)

No comments:

Post a Comment