16 June, 2011

Week recap

Tuesday


Well sadly because we lost our hockey game last week we did not have a game.  That's ok I still went out to support and met up with a friend who I don't get to see very often.  Since I didn't have hockey and I was not going to the box, I went to Body Attack with the ever so fun instructor Kristin.  This was a different release from the last time I went so it was fun to do something different.

Wednesday


Monica asked me to come to the 0500 class and I did!  This was the first time for me.  The second time I have been to Coach Nick's class.  I don't get to see him very often since he does the morning classes.  It's good to break up the norm.  I actually enjoyed working out so much in the morning that I think I am going to start going to a morning class once every two weeks.


Pre Spartan Race WOD:
3 Rounds for Time

Run 50m
Lunge 50m
Run 100m
20 Pull Ups
Run 200m
15 Toe to Bar
Run 400m
10 HSPU
Time:  27:59

I was determined to not hit 28!  I honestly wanted a quicker time but the one thing that killed me is the toes to bar.  I really really need to work on not swinging and keeping active shoulders.  Every time I try I keep swinging.  Just like everything else, I need to practice on them until I get them.  A perfect example of this is the butterfly pull-ups.  I finally got them!  This was the first WOD I was able to try them out on.  It makes a big difference in terms of getting them done.  The HSPU were actually not that bad.  I did them like they did in the Regionals.  With the runs I focused on POSE running but I need to do a 1-1 to make sure I am actually doing this correctly.  I feel like I am but we will see.

Thursday


Today CrossFit.com posted a picture of dumbbells on their FB page with the caption "What's your favorite WOD with dumbbells?"  A lot of people commented man makers.  Hmmmm....what is this man maker people are referring to?  Naturally I had to check it out.

Put another way:


starting from the top of press (not many people do this)
DB push up
renegade row, each arm
clean
press/push press/push jerk

Well that just sounds like fun I have to try that!


5 rounds for time of:
5 Man makers (35/25)
10 Pull-ups
20 Air Squats
40 Double Unders
Time: 16:17

I was looking to get 15 but as you can see I failed on that.  The next time I do this will be improved.  On the last two sets of man makers, I could tell that I was losing my form.  I had a happy back but I really wasn't opening my hips to clean the weight which I know slowed me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment