26 June, 2011

Busy week

It was a very busy week outside of exercise.  Getting home late and being very tired.  Things should be back to normal now.

Tuesday



4 rounds for time of:
100 Jump Rope (Singles)s
25 Sit-up (standard)s
10 Box Jump (24 in.)s
Time: 7:36

Now you would not think you would see single unders for a CF WOD but you'd be surprised how much "fun" they are when you don't do them a lot.  Coach Marc said if he caught us without our whole foot on the box he would max us redo that round of jumps.  Well on round 3 on the 8th box jump I guess my whole foot was not on the box so I had to do them all over again!  Totally slowed me down but a good reminder to not do it again.

Wednesday



5 rounds for time of:
5 Deadlifts (body weight)
15 Kettlebell Swings (1.5 pood)
25 Push-ups
Time: 12:15

At least with this WOD a lot of us realized it was going to suck!  By the time you got to your push-ups, your arms were already pissed off at you.  You just had to tell them to shut it and move.

Thursday


WOD was heading over to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project.  CrossFit Impavidus were guest bartending!  It was a really good time and almost $700 was raised!

Friday


Amanda


9-7-5 reps of:
Muscle-ups  (I did JMU, then blue band, then assisted by Coach)
Squat Snatch, 135 lbs  (I did 105 lbs)
Time: 12:18

Oh muscle-ups I will have you one day!!!  Practice makes better.  In the meantime I did start off with a little hop which was going well.  Then I had to switch to using the blue band to help me get up there.  The last 5, my arms were just not having the pull-up transition part.  Coach Nate took notice and when I would jump up he gave me a little extra boost.  He wasn't going to let me get a DNF nor did I want one.

Saturday


Tabata Stations

Pull-up (5)
Bottom to bottom squats (12)
Push press (7 @ 45 lbs)

Before getting to the WOD, we had a fun little warm up.  We had a sled pull!  We broke up into two teams.  Women were pulling 25 and men were pulling 65.  You had to run down to a cone then turn back around and run back.  While the run person was running your other team mates were working too.  Each time Coach Conan said front, we dropped to to push-ups.  If he said back, you would get on your back and to flutter kicks.  Finally if he said go we would run in place.  Fun warm up!

In the afternoon a bunch of us went to the YouthFest 2011 in Ashburn to promote CrossFit Kids.  We were able to talk to a lot of adults about the new kids program plus tell them about our regular schedule for adults.  We had a leadership board for the kids.  They could chose from 3 different exercises.  Squats, push-ups and box jumps.  The goal was to do as many as they could in one of the exercises in 30 seconds.  Some did 2 of the exercises which was great.  Stephanie and I decided to give the joust thing a go.  Yep she hit and I fell lol.

I also went back in with Coach Jerry!  A great day was had!

No comments:

Post a Comment