28 June, 2011

Fran

Fran.  For some of those in the CrossFit world, Fran is the WOD that is held above all.  I happen to be one of them.  I love Fran.  She is such a simple workout on paper but she will destroy you in those couple of minutes it takes to finish.  The last time I did Fran, I finished in 6:27 Rx'd.  Nothing to complain about for me but as with anything you always want to improve the next go around.  Well yesterday, Fran came up again and my goal was simple.  Beat my old time.

Fran

21-15-9 rep rounds of
95 lb. Thruster
Pull-ups
Time: 5:06

Personally I would have been happy with one second faster but this was unreal!  I'm telling you the butterfly pull-ups make all the difference in the world.  When I did Fran back in May I was still doing kipping pull-ups.  More good news, I didn't puke!  Now I did have to crawl from underneath the pull-up bars using my arms because my legs were not having it and then was sprawled out on the floor for a bit but who cares!  So for the next time Fran comes around my goal will be the same, beat my old time.

No comments:

Post a Comment