10 June, 2011

Rest of the week

Wednesday


We learned on Wednesday that we were not doing box jumps the official CF way.  The correct way to do a box jumps is to jump on the box and to expand your hips while on the box then you can hop down.  The way a lot of us were doing it before was to jump on the box with your hips closed then extend as you jump off of the box.  So this correct way took some getting used to.

20 Double Under
10 Box Jumps
5 Knees to Elbows
Rounds: 12 +1

Thursday


Emil and I decided to use one of our 1-1 sessions to work on snatches with Coach Nate.  It was very informative.  As expected I really need to work on the relay race, i.e. fully extending before I start pulling.  I know how to fix that.  More practice!  I ended up doing 125 which I was happy with.  The hook grip I am still getting used to as well.  Not that I have my thumb back, I will be using it fully for sure.

Friday


Today the WOD was Clean and Jerk.  I do enjoy the oly lifts.

Clean and Jerk 7x1
115-125-135-145-155-165-175F

On the 145 I ended up having to do it twice because I bashed my chin the first time.  I failed to get my head out of the way and that's what happens.  With the 175, I actually lifted three times to try to get it.  The first time I siked myself out and I didn't even get to the shrug.  I had in my head that I couldn't do it and that's what happened.  The second time I did shrug and was attempting to get my elbows under but I didn't go fast enough and as a result I fell backwards.  The final time I was able to clean and jerk it though my foot was not turned in for the jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment