05 June, 2011

Regional CF Games

This weekend was full of awesomeness.  It was the Mid Atlantic Regional CF Games and I had the privilege to go all three days.  What a three days it was!  To be able to see all of the Elite Athletes come together for 6 WODs , sweating, bleeding, feeling the pain was an experience I will not soon forget.  Plus I got to meet one of the athletes, Christmas Abbott from CrossFit Raleigh.  Team CFR finished in 3rd which means they are going to the CF Games in July!  I hope to be there cheering them on.

Friday


For the WOD on Friday we did WOD 4 from the regional CF Games.  Going into this WOD, I had just gotten back from day one of the Games and I was totally pumped to get this going!


100 pull ups
100 Kettle Bell Swings (1.5 pood)
100 Double Unders
100 Overhead Squats (65 lb.)
Time: 26:17

While I did have to scale the OHS to 65 and I was not able to complete it in 25:00, I was still able to finish it. I did not let the Rx monster get me on this in terms of the OHS.

Saturday


No WOD for me at the box as I was downtown running in the 5k for Race for the Cure.  This was the first time that I ran this race and wow there really was a lot of people.  It took at least 5 minutes to break away from the crowd.  Of course that meant my time was going to suffer.  In reality, I went into this race not going for time but to just run for a good cause. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment