07 June, 2011

Front Squats and hockey

It was a nice day outside so I figured why not go and enjoy it?  So for lunch I went out rollerblading for 6 miles with my favorite 20 lb. weighted vest of course.

I saw the WOD for today and knew I was not going to be able to stay away.  Why?  Because if was my favorites, front squats!  I missed them the last time.  Yes I could do these on my own at another gym (rocking my CFI shirt of course) but I really like doing them at the box.  I get to be surrounded with a great group who are doing the same thing pushing to their limits and beyond where it is ok to drop the bar on the floor.  Who wouldn't want that?

Front Squats 5-5-5-5-5

135-175-205-185-225F 1 rep

There is just something about front squats that I enjoy more than any other squat.  On one of the reps on 205, I did not keep a happy back.  You can tell when you are not keeping the proper form for sure with front squats.

After that I ran out to Leesburg to play in our playoff game for hockey.  Sadly we did not win but hey, in the end it was fun and I got another workout.  A win win in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment