06 June, 2011

Monday funday

Do you know what happens when you do not get enough sleep for several days in a row?  You feel tired.  How about if you exercise on Saturday without pre or post stretching and very minimal stretching all day Sunday?  You feel sore and tight on Monday morning!  Such was the case for me.  There is no excuse for not stretching.  When we were going to the Race for the Cure 5k we had about 15-20 minutes before the race started.  Half of that was waiting in line for the John.  A little stretching happened but not as much as was needed.  Then after, it was go home, shower, then CF Games.  Totally could have stretched then.  Same thing with Sunday.  I'm telling you, it is worth stretching before and after a workout!  The sleep thing I am working on.


I got up early today for another shot at the PT test.  Going by what I described above, my mind was already set I was not going to improve from the last time.  This is not the attitude I should have went in with and unfortunately, that is exactly what happened.

2 min. max push-ups: 47
2 min. max sit-ups: 43
2 mile run: 14:59

Glad I got two workouts in but not happy with the results from the first one.

AMRAP 15 min
10 Wall Ball
8 Ring Dips
6 Pull Ups
Total: 10 rounds not Rx'd.  Had to switch to jumping dips after rnd 5 and had to use a 16 lb. ball.  Not enough 20s.

Got my new grips today!  Thanks to coach Nate for recommending them and to Brian (a.k.a. spidey) for having a second pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment