16 July, 2012

Weekend recap

04072012

On Saturday we held a coaches WOD.  We are trying to get in the habit of holding one once a week.  As coaches, we typically see each other in passing getting ready to coach the next class, or just finishing up their own workout.  It's nice that we are able to get together and workout since we usually workout by ourselves.  I myself have no issue working out on my own.  I'm very fortunate that I have enough drive and motivation to be able to do that as I know many do not.  For me, I feel that this motivation comes from the fact that I remember where I used to be.  I simply refuse to go back and I will do whatever it takes to make sure of that.  Back to the WOD....

Chipperson
For Time:
400 m Run*
10 G.I. Janes
20 Push Presses 95/65#
30 Overhead Squats 95/65#
40 Deadlifts 95/65#
30 Pull-ups
20 Weighted Lunges 95/65#
10 Hang Cleans 95/65#
*Must run 400m somewhere within chipper

Time: 10:34

This wasn't a bad little WOD.  Other than trying to beat Nick, my goal was just to push through as quickly as I could with minimal rest.  I decided to get the run over with first as I figured if I waited, my run time would suffer a lot.  Burpee pull ups suck.  Though after watching the games, I gather burpee muscle ups suck worse.  I will be finding out today just for fun!  The PP and OHS I got through unbroken.  For the DL, I did 20 and dropped the bar.  I was planning with the pull-ups to to 3 sets of 10.  I was ahead of Nick at this time but had a feeling he was going to pass me on this.  First 10 I went through with no problem.  The second set.....yeah I did 5.  Then 5 more.I did try!  The last 10 were 7 and 3.  Nick did finish before me by a couple of seconds and when I was done I ran to the bar.  Threw the bar on my back and got through the lunges without any issues.  I HAD planned on going unbroken with the cleans but alas my grip had other plans.  I got through 6 before I just let go.  It was only 2 seconds before I picked it back up but then I dropped it again after 2!  Damn!  Again, picked it back up and finished.  When I was done I could see Nick out of the corner of my eye.*sigh*  I didn't even have to ask....he got 10:30.  So close!  That's ok....next time.  While I know I mentioned above I have no issue with working out alone, every now and again, it is fun to get together with fellow family and knock one out with a little friendly competition....even if they don't know they are competing.

Later on in the day I felt like I had all of this energy and I just needed to get rid of it.  I ended up going back to the box at 1930 to get another WOD in.  I'm sure this was also in part to watching all of the amazing games athletes (Thank you  Jimmy's Old Town Tavern for hosting the CF games stream!).  I decided to get it on with one of the ladies that I have yet to try.

Karen

150 Wall Ball Shots for time

Time: 6:50

So long as I got under 10, I was going to be happy.  This time I remembered to wear my oly shoes.  It really does make a difference and gave a really good foundation.  I was initially going to break it up into sets of 25 but once I got to my first 25, I knew I could push a few more so I ended up breaking it up into sets of 30.  The only set I didn't complete as 30 was the last one.  That one I broke up as 20/10.  Not going to lie, I was surprised at the time!

13072012

Friday the 13th run for your life! Just kidding.  I was in the mood for something quick and with weights.  Seeing as I want to get all of the girls done before I leave, I figured I would hit up Grace for some fun.  Now it is true I did Grace already but this was more about if I could get her done under 3.

Grace

30 Clean and Jerks for time

Time: 3:06

Noooooooo!  honestly I have nothing to complain about.  This was 0:33 faster from the last time.  This doesn't mean I won't try to hit her up one more time before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment