24 December, 2012

Tigger returns!

So some of you may have thought that I threw in the towel for this blog.  Honestly, I did think about just letting it go to the wayside.  Lots of things have changed over the last several months.  Originally, the biggest reason for me writing in the first place was to help me keep track of my workouts and also show a few family members what I was up to since they don't use Beyond the Whiteboard.  I really didn't think a whole lot of people would read it.  I mean for the most part it is just about me working out and I know people can find that boring or not interesting at all.  However with my circle of friends now, that is very far from the truth.  Most of us post on FB our workouts, what we are eating, the callus we just ripped off or even puking after the workout.  As such, my audience got a little bigger with the blog.  I've had several people come up to me with amazement about where I started and where I am today.  To have a person come up to you and say you have inspired them to push, motivated them to reach their goals is incredible.  To me, I just turned a extremely negative situation in my life into a positive one through working out.  I had no idea where it would lead me.  Who knew I would become a CrossFit Coach?!  The typical video game playing fat kid who smoked.  A coach. Never did I think I would be doing this in my life.  Now, I could not imagine life without coaching.  There is this feeling that you get knowing that you are helping someone to change their life for the better.  You get to see them change over the course of time from (using CF as an example) 0 pull-ups, to get 3+.  Single unders to a minute of double unders.  Making the first box jump even if it scares them to death.  To some, this does not seem like a big deal.  That's because you don't understand.  All of the time, effort, sweat, sometimes blood, tears, and puke, that go into obtaining these goals.  It's a huge deal.  When they do get it, they come running over to you with excitement and big bright eyes like they just won the lottery.  knowing that you had a part in that and you get this warm n' fuzzy feeling inside.  Well at least I do.  Not sure I can really describe it other than a good feeling.  I would not trade that feeling for anything.  What does all this have to do with my blog though?  Well as I said above, I have had several people come up to me about it that still read it and it motivates them.  I want to try to motivate more people!  I want to pay it forward what I have been given.  Even if I manage to get only one more person excited about changing their life, that is good enough for me.  Because that one person will in turn, inspire someone in their life.  So I am going to do my best to write as often as possible about workouts and perhaps a little more.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment