07 July, 2012

Today and yesterday

So Thursday was a forced rest day.  Even though I really did want to workout, I knew because I did a workout on Wednesday, I would have to rest for Thursday.  Instead I just some stretching which still counts as an active rest day!  I had debated on rollerblading but that will be for next week.

Friday 06072012

15 minutes to establish a 1RM Front Squat and Push Jerk.

Notes: Clearly the limiting of this sequence will be the Jerk. This is not a true test of the FS, but a drill to practice the transition from the Clean to the Jerk. Racks may be used.

1RM: 210#

This was the most that I have push jerked ever.  Very happy about that.  210# over my head how crazy is that.  I know it isn't the largest number but it is a PR for me and as such I shall celebrate accordingly.  I felt like I could have done an extra 10# but I know that when it comes to increasing the weight, it is not about adding 10,20, 30#.  It is a gradual process that takes time.  Even a 1# gain is a great thing.  You have asked your body to perform something that it has not done and that should be celebrated.

Then


3 rounds for time of:

25 Jumping Squats 45#
25 Push Press 45#
Run 400m
Time 10:31


When I first started this workout I thought man this 45# is not really a lot.....how my mind changed after the first set.  Jumping squats with a weight will definitely task your legs especially when you have to run.  A nice little bit of humble pie never hurts anyone.

Saturday 06072012



50 Kettlebell Swings 53 lbs
25 Burpees
15 Toes-to-Bars
5 Snatches 135 lbs
15 Toes-to-Bars
25 Burpees
50 Wall Balls 20 lbs
Time: 14:31


My goal going into this workout was to hit 15 minutes and I'm happy to say I was successful.  I knew going into this it was really going to put my lower half to work and that I was doing to just have to endure it.  By the time I started the wall balls, my legs were not that thrilled with me.  I was not able to do them unborken but the breaks were short....say like 3 breaths.  A good way to end the WOD week.

No comments:

Post a Comment