03 July, 2012

03072012

Ever have those days when you're excited and pumped for the workout only to get to the box and you "deflate"?  Well that was me today.  The workout (as always) sounded like a challenging one and I was really looking forward to it all day.  When I actually got to the box though, I kind of felt like eh.  Not sure what was going on but I knew it was going to mess with my workout.  I did my best to get my head back in the game and for at least the first part of the workout (back squat), I was doubting myself on getting the lifts. Unfortunately, I didn't get the last one.

Back Squat:
1X3 @ 90% (265#),
1X3 @ 95% (280#),
1X1 @ 100% (295#),
2X1 @ 105% (310#) FAILED
rest 2:00-3:00 between sets.  (based on 3RM from a previous WOD)


The first two sets went as I expected them to go for the most part.  They felt heavier then I would have thought (especially since 295# is the max I have) but I did get them up.  Now the 295#.......I actually did fail it once.  As I went down, my knees went in and I had no chance of recovering to get it back up so I dropped it.  Re racked and tried again because I was not accepting that I could not do 1 rep when I know I could do 3.  This did not help to keep my head in the game.  Tried it again and I did get it, it was quite a struggle.  I did attempt the 310# but I dropped like a rock.  Not even close to coming back up.  At this point I decided yeah my head wasn't there and I need it to get back in it.  I had a metcon still to do and I was not going to ruin my entire workout.  So off I went on the next part.



4 rounds for total reps of the 4 minute dual effort of:

2 minute AMRAP of:
20 Split Jumps
10 HR Pushups
10 Pullups

2 minutes to complete:
1 ME UB Set of Front Squats @ 70% (200#)

Notes: FS are based off of 1RM FS. The athlete may begin the ME/UB set at any point in the 2 minutes. If the set only takes 30 seconds, then the rest of the 2 minutes is rest. The set is over when the BB returns to the floor.

Set 1: 1 round +10 pushups/ 4 Front Squats
Set 2: 2 rounds + 4 Split Jumps/ 4 Front Squats
Set 3: 2 rounds/ 4 Front Squats
Set 4: 1 round + 9 pullups/ 0 Front Squats

I can't believe I didn't get that last pullup on the last set!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRR!  It wasn't for lack of trying.  As many of you know, Front Squats are my absolute favourite and I was very happy to see them in the workout.  However, it didn't click in my head until I was about to start the workout.....I have to clean 200# for each set.  Typically for Front Squats, it is usually a strength day so the bar is on the rack.  This would be a new one for me.  I was confident I was getting that bar up though.  I mean considering yesterday My power clean was 200#....
I tried 3 times to get that bar on my rack for the last set but I was not getting underneath the bar fast enough. I was gassed but I did not quit.  So the workout did end up on a high note which I can't complain about too much.  I should have been in the right frame of mind from the beginning.  Everyone has an off day right?  Lets hope that is the last one I will have for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment