05 July, 2012

04072012

Well I have to say this was one of the best 4th of July's I have had.  Honestly I couldn't tell you if I really did anything in years past on the 4th outside of looking at fireworks on tv and the occasional lightening of fireworks.  You can bet how the day started.....with a WOD of course!  A coaches WOD to be exact.  You know as coaches, we see one another as we are about to switch for classes, a meeting now and again, but we don't WOD with each other too much.  It's really fun not only as team building, but because we really don't see each other a whole lot.  Now that we have some new assistant trainers as well, they can come in and be a part of it with us too.  In honour of the 4th, we had a WOD meant just for the birthday nation.  Oh and I have to share, my buddy Stephanie, her husband said "July 4 1776 was when we said hey "we are going to do our own thing!""  Freaking hilarious.

"1776"

13 MIN AMRAP
50 Dbl under
17 wall ball,
7 C2B pullups,
6 deadlifts (236#)

 Total: 6 rounds + 9 WB

Did you happen to notice the numbers for the WOD?

13 MIN AMRAP (13 original colonies)
50 Dbl under (50 states)
17 wall ball, 7 C2B pullups, 6 deadlifts (236#) = 1776 for the year and 236 years old

How cool is that? I thought that was a really cool way of celebrating.  For the deadlifts, I did 240# because we do not have fractional plates.  I was definitely shaving my legs with that bar.  This was the first time I worked out with my oly shoes as well.  That was thanks to Nate.  It was a good choice for sure.  Thanks to Steph for the post WOD pic!



No comments:

Post a Comment