20 May, 2011

You're a jerk

Thursday


Did not go to the box.  Instead I ran for 2 miles, AMRAP push-ups in 2 minutes, AMRAP sit-ups in 2 minutes, and various other things that I could do in the basement like handstands and what not.

14:00 run
47 push-up
47 sit-up (no one to hold my feet)

This was done in the wrong order I found out later and I will adjust that for next time.  I was expecting more push-ups to be honest.  Something to improve on.  I mean I should at least be able to knock out 60.  Goal is at least 70.

Friday






Today was Bike to Work Day.  What does that mean?  Well it means keep your car at home and break out your bike!  I did just that.  It was my first time riding my bike since the slicks were put on 3 weeks ago.  I know I know I'm slacking.  It does make the ride smoother though.  As I expected, the ride into work was no trouble at all.  Now the ride home is what I was concerned with.  The distance between home and work is only 10 kilometers.  However, there is one section for 1.6k that there is no path and I must go on the road.  When I got to that point on the way home, I was pedaling as fast as I could to get through that part.  Hey I didn't get hit woo hoo!

Today at the box featured some Cleans and Jerks.  Not just any jerk though, some split jerks.

Clean & Split Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1   115-135-145-185F-155-165-170-175-180F-180F

I have not done a split jerk since LA Fitness but it is something I enjoying doing.  unfortunately I could not remember my highest weight from the last time but I can assure you, it wasn't 175.  PR for me!  Something I do need to work on though is I am getting ahead of myself on the relay race i.e. you need your hips to be open before you shrug your shoulders.  I am not dong that consistently.  Until I do, my weight will not increase because I will not have the power to get my body under the bar.  You know the saying...  practice makes better!

There is no such thing as perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment