28 May, 2011

Some running

Let me start with on Wednesday, I took the entire day off.  My body was so exhausted from the past several weeks of working out plus the lack of sleep.  Tuesday really took it out of me.  Literally as soon as I got home from work, I walked Stevie then I laid down and didn't get up until the next morning.  After some much needed rest, I was ready to go for Thursday's WOD.

Thursday



4 Rounds for time of:

15 SDHP 95#
10 Box Jumps 24 in.
Run 400m
Time: 14:28

This is one of those workouts where at first glance it did not appear that it was going to be that bad.  You should have asked me how I felt by round 3.  Well I would have not said much since I was busy breathing.  I was a little upset at myself that the last run took 2:30.  It should have be no more than 2:00.

Saturday


Still working on getting more people to come in for a free WOD.  How could you say no to free?!  There are at least 3 people that have said they are going to come and I will continue to give them gentle reminders.


5m AMRAP
50m run/7 push ups
50m run/7 lunges
–1m rest–
5m AMRAP
50m run/7 air squats
50m run/7 pull ups
–1m rest–
5m AMRAP
50m run/7 burpees
50m run/7 Knees to elbow

Rnd 1 - 5
Rnd 2 - 4 + 2nd 50m run
Rnd 3 - 3 + 3 burpees

This WOD was put together by Coach Lori and she did a great job.  After the WOD Coach Lori and a few others did a push-up challenge that she was telling me about earlier in the week.  We are going to do this at least once a month possibly every other week.  Here is how it works.  You put a weight on your back and do as many push-ups as you are able.  Once you can't, the weight is removed and you continue to do regular push-ups.  Once you fail you get on your knees and do some more until failure.  You are supposed to do this 3 round each!  Yeah we did one.



15# plate on back - 21
Push ups (no plate) - 1
Push ups on knees - 13

Looking forward to the next time we do this as the number WILL improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment