18 May, 2011

Kelly

Tuesday


Now what else would I be doing on a Tuesday other than playing hockey?  Actually we almost had to cancel due to the rain we had throughout the day but mother nature was kind to us and allowed no rain to pass through Leesburg from 1900 to 2145.  Otherwise I would have been at the Body Attack class and working on skills work in the basement.  So long as I'm moving!

Wednesday


Today we had the pleasure of doing the Kelly WOD.  This is the first time I have done this WOD.  I knew just looking at it that it was going to be a challenge.  Hell, all of the ladies are a challenge.  However I knew that if I pushed I would be able to complete the WOD and complete it as Rx'd.


"Kelly"

Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
30 Box jump
30 Wall ball shots

So the 1st round went as I expected.  The run was fine, the box jumps I was able to knock out 20 at a nice pace then I stopped very briefly then finished the last 10.  The wall ball shots I believe were split 15.  The 2nd round I was already starting to feel a little tired which surprised me.  I mean I only finished 1 round! Finished the run and started on the jumps.  I missed the box a few times and almost ate some wood.  I was having trouble keeping the same pace as the 1st round.  Wall ball was pretty much the same story.  Starting on round 3 with the run I was thinking wholly crap this is really doing a number on me.  The run seemed slower to me and I was just thinking in my head 180 bpm, 180 bpm, stop running on your toes, kiss the heel, lean!  Yes I was thinking these things but I'm pretty sure not all of them were being performed.  At least...not all at once.  3rd round of jumps.  I was getting sets of 10.  Maybe.  I was very happy when I hit 30 let me tell you.  I'm sorry to say I was not in a huge rush to get to the wall balls.  As I made it to the wall balls, I was getting anywhere from 5-8 at a time. 4th round......ugh.....I wanted it done!!!  Totally tripped over the box again.  By now I was doubled over breathing heavy as I went over to the wall balls.  I thought for sure I was going to be running in the back room.  I also saw sitting next the 20 lb. ball, a beautiful 16 lb. ball.  I thought momentarily to grab it instead of the heavy 20 lb. but then I thought this is the 4th round there is no way you are not finishing this Rx'd.  I'm glad I didn't pick up the 16.  Final round I was just trying to give it everything I had left.  Finished the run, and had a really good pace with the jumps.  Unfortunately that stopped at 15.  Coach Nate was there for some encouragement to get me through them.  30 wall ball left.  I could see the light!!  5 finished.  6 finished.  4 finished. 6 finished.  Then Coach said how many more.  I said nine.  He said 3...2...1.. GO!  Off I went.  As soon as I hit that 9th one and called time I dropped straight to the floor.  I need to try to figure out why I got winded so early on in the WOD.  That is not like me at all.

Thanks Kelly.  You totally wore me out.

1 comment:

  1. The reason you got winded is that your stamina still needs work.
    Stamina: power to endure fatigue.
    The way to improve stamina is to decrease the weight in order to maintain the same pace throughout the entire WOD. Remember when I said, "Beware the Rx Monster"? This is what I was referring to. Great job nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete