11 May, 2011

lots of things

Monday


So no CFI on Monday.  Instead I went to the Claude Moore Park rec center with Emil.  This was the first time I had ever been there.  The pool is huge!!!  The first thing we did was work on my skills (or lack thereof) on climbing.  They have a small wall to climb on but it is plenty when working on skills.  I need to work on not muscling up everything and really start using my legs.  Next we went upstairs and did some laps for about 20 minutes.  Finally, we hit the pool.  It has been a long time since I have been swimming and boy did it show.  On top of that my freestyle is not that great.....at all.

Tuesday

We had a bye week for street hockey so of course I had to go to CFI!  It was a great WOD (who am I kidding all of the WODs are great).

Death by pull-ups


With a continuously running clock do one pull-up the first minute, two pull-ups the second minute, three pull-ups the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

Total: 117 i.e. I got to the 15th round and failed.

I didn't just fail though.  I ripped skin right off of both hands.  I was wearing gloves for the first 11 rounds but my hands started to slip which is the reason I do not like gloves.  So I took them off and chalked up my hands.  They were good for the 12-14 rounds.  Then when I started the 15th I felt the rip.  I hopped off the bar, looked at my hands, said an explicative, grabbed my gloves and proceeded with the round.  Unfortunately I failed but I didn't quit!  My body quit which is the point.

Wednesday

Oh deadlifts how I want to max you out every time.


Deadlift

3-3-3-3-3

Then

Max Push Ups 2min
Chest to Deck/No Bouncing

Totals:  225, 255, 285, 315, 225 and 45 push-ups

315 to 225 WTH???  Yes I had to go back down.  Probably not that much but at that point it was easy to just pop the one plate off.  The reason I went back down is because I started to round my back.  That is a no-no.  Must have good form!

No comments:

Post a Comment