26 January, 2012

Annie

250112

Yesterday at the box we had one of my favorite girls stop by, Annie.  I know some people dread that name because of the double unders but I am not one of them!  I could do double unders all day given the chance.  So the initial plan was to assist with the 1830 class and then WOD with the 1930.  Some plans changed and I ended up doing the WOD at 1830.  Then I got to lead the 1930 class myself! Woo hoo!  I was (an still am) very excited.  I felt more confident this time round.  I am also making sure to take the lessons and information that I learned from the Instructor Development class and putting it into use.  This includes creating and writing a lesson plan (I also did this for Monday), going over videos, articles and what not.  Also going through the actual class prior to it.  Even though I know double unders, I don't want to just regurgitate the information.  I want to know people are finishing the session having learned something and a better understanding of why it is (like why you use your wrist not your arms).  I felt I was able to properly go over the execution of a double under.  As Conan said, anyone can get a good workout anywhere, athletes come for the coaching. It was very awesome to have one of the athlete's come up to me after the session and thank me for explaining the timing of when you jump.  They were able to string some double unders.  How cool is that?!

Annie
50-40-30-20-10 reps of
Double Unders
Sit-Ups
Time: 6:09 (PR by 0:09)

No comments:

Post a Comment