13 January, 2012

12 January 2012

Alright so I got my motivation back!  No surprise.  As I said, it was just an off day.  My wrist is feeling better (not 100%) so I was still debating on doing any lifts.  I talked to one of my friends and he suggested why not do a de-load week.  A week where I am still doing strength workouts but with a lighter load.  Genius!  Why didn't I think of that?  The grasshopper has learned many a lesson but is far from being a master.  So with that I started to come up with something.  I decided on having a deadlift day.  This way I can start off with a workout that won't involve bending my wrist.

Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3

185#

Rather than increasing the load for each set, I kept the weight at 185#.  In addition, I did not use a switch grip and I did each set on the minute.  Since this is a weight that is lighter, I was very focused on form.  AT this weight for me, my form should be perfect.  Prior to lifting, I realized when I addressed the bar I wasn't "doing the checklist", the way I do with my other lifts like clean and snatches.  By that I mean when I got up to the bar I was too fidgety with my feet and my hand placement.  So before I lifted, I got my checklist in order to make sure when I address the bar, I did so the same way every time.  It needs to be second nature.

After I was done, I got set up for the metcon.

10 minute time limit

3 rounds
400m run
10 deadlift 135#
30 sit-ups
Time: 9:11

I should have had under 9 and would have had I not wasted time on the last set of the sit-ups!  There were a couple reps where I went back and stayed back for an extra second or two.  Shame on me.  I'm glad I got some lifting in and I will be going to the sports doctor tomorrow for my follow up on my calf and I will have him take a look at my wrist while I am there.  Can't wait to get adjusted!  Seriously, if you have never been adjusted, try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment