22 March, 2011

Where have I been?

Ok I have been slacking horribly (as you can easily see) on updating my blog.  What is the point of the blog if I'm not going to update it???

So what have I been up to for the last 1.5 months?  Well (short version) as you know I had skier's thumb due to an injury from dodgeball.  I had to wear a cast (my first ever!) for a whole month.  That was lots of fun.  After I got that off, the orthopedic was 50/50 on whether or not I needed to have surgery.  So he gave me a soft brace for three weeks.  Personally, I wanted the cast back.  The cast prevented me from bending my thumb.  The soft brace did no such thing.  I actually had to pay attention.  Sheesh.  Well those three weeks have come and gone and guess what?  I am not wearing a brace!  Yay!  I am allowed to use my thumb as normal now however if there is any pain that does not subside or if I do not get my full range of motion back in the next 2 to 4 weeks, I will need surgery.  Fingers (and thumbs) crossed that I will not have to do that.

So today at CFI, I finally was able to do KTE (knees to elbows).  Holy crap.  You certainly feel the love.  To make it oh so much more fun, I did them on the rings (easier on the thumb).

AMRAP
10 Kettlebell Swings
10 KTE
Total Rounds: 8 +11

Ripped my callus off again.  One of the guys at CFI said to file them down to prevent the ripping of said callus.  Why didn't I think of that?  Gloves for me tomorrow and for the next few weeks.  Boo.



That's not all!  Today was the first day of hockey!  I was very upset that I didn't think I was going to be able to play this season because of my thumb but look at me now.  It was a lot of fun.  I also put holes in my shoes (again) but no injuries!



p.s. - While this is not workout related, I also have been talking to an Army recruiter and have scheduled my ASVAB.  Study, study, study!

No comments:

Post a Comment