24 March, 2011

Odd number day and Street Hockey Schedule

Come on out and support the Loudoun Street hockey League on Tuesday's!

I definitely had some stress to workout after today.  Luckily I have CFI to help iron out those issues with weights :)

15-13-11-9-7-5-3-1 reps of:

Deadlift (~70% 1RM)  210 first set then 165 for remainder
Ring Dips

Total time: 10:00

Wow that was pathetic.  Prior to my injury, my max deadlift was 315.  So lets knock that down to 300.  That means 70% of my max is 210.  Well as you can see I started with 210 but certainly did not finish.  I was struggling and not in a good way.  See what happens when you don't deadlift (or have to modify all your lifts) for over three months!?  I will get that back.  Hey I had good form!

I still have to sub the ring dips for ring rows due to my thumb.  On the plus side my thumb isn't hurting more than it did last week when I got the brace off.  On the downside, it doesn't really feel better either.  I am still hopeful that is will get better in the coming weeks.  So long as I continue to workout!  I'm sure there are people out there that would have used this injury as an excuse to not workout.  You have to keep pushing!  Virtually everything can be modified or you can do a similar exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment