26 March, 2011

Tire Flippin Fun

Woo hoo we flipped some tires today at CrossFit Impavidus!  I am so happy.  That was the first time for me.  So Saturday's at CFI are free for anyone to come and play. Today we had some new faces come in.  29 people in all showed up.  So what did we do today?  Well we had four teams of 7 (one with 8) and there were 2 different circuits today.  Each person would be at a station (rest counts as a station).  Once the first exercise was done for each circuit (tire flip, sled drag), everybody would shift to the next station.  We were counting (rep wise) only one of the exercises in each circuit.  Each circuit would be preformed for 10 minutes.  After 10 minutes, you switch to the other circuit.  It was a little hectic but it was still fun.  As Coach Conan said everybody was helping each other out, if people weren't sure what there next station was they would hop up and do pull-ups, burpees, jump rope, etc.  They kept moving which is important.  I had a little slip up if you will.  When I was on the DB Snatch, I grabbed the 20 lb. DB.  Coach noticed that I was more or less flinging the weight like it was nothing and he said you need a heavier weight and he was right.  While I knew that the weight was light (I grabbed it because it was the one next to me) I was initially thinking reps, reps, reps.  What I should have been thinking was I should be challenging myself.  After a few more with the 20, I dropped it and grabbed the 30.  Much better.  After we were done, I worked on some kipping pull-ups and double unders.  My thumb is still sore at the joints but it does seem to feel better.

Also, signed up for the Brambleton Ribbon Run (5k) with Team CrossFit Impavidus.  The race is on the 9th of April.  Hoping for a better time than the last one.  Come out to run or to support!


20 AMRAP (10 min split w/ teams)
Tire Flip – rest
Pull ups – rest
DB Snatch  (count reps) – rest
burpees

sled drags- rest
pull ups – rest
wall ball squats (count reps) – rest
jump rope

No comments:

Post a Comment