27 March, 2011

New toys to play with



Today I decided to stop by Home Depot and pick up some  1'' PVC pipe.  Why do I need PVC pipe?  PVC pipe is a very good tool you can use for practicing your form on lifts as well as a way to stretch you out a little bit more.  For example, I can work on keeping my toes pointed forward while performing an overhead squat.  It is easier to do this with some type of "bar" overhead.  It can also be used for the Single leg Good Morning stretch or something like the burgener warm up.







In addition to getting the 1'' I also picked up some 3'' PVC.  This one is for Self Myofascial Release Techniques.  You can get a foam roller instead but I picked up the PVC based on the recommendation of one of the coaches and wrapped it with a yoga mat.

It has been a week and four days since the brace has been removed from my thumb.  My range of motion has been slowly increasing and the pain in the joints has been slowly decreasing.  Another thing that has decreased (which was noted with the deadlifts) is my strength.  While I do have to build myself back up, I'm trying to look at it as a positive.  Yes it will take time to get back to where I was but I have a goal and I know I can achieve it!  One of the things I will be doing is 100 push-up program.  I have mentioned it before but this time I'm starting from the beginning.  Let's see if it really works.  Even if it doesn't, you can never have enough push-ups.

So if you're at home sitting while watching tv, listening to music (personally you should be dancing if you're at home), or just not sure what to do go out and grab yourself a PVC pipe and start stretching or some type of exercise.  The more you do it (with correct form), the more muscle memory you will have.  You could always break out with some burpees if that's what get you going :)

No comments:

Post a Comment